MISSING DLL + INSTALL PROBLEM

kdt 11:57 22 Oct 05

due to itunes/quicktime deletion could not restart pc 6/7 times. reinstalled w2000 professional and the software.missing regsvr32 wuauengl.dll and regsvr32 msxm13.dll .
also downloaded optional microsoft .net framework version 1.1 which though downloaded would not install. tried dozen times or more.not imporatnt though but bugging me why not installing and how to get the dll missing? any help welcomed.
thanks
kdt

splork 12:10 22 Oct 05

Are you sure thats not `wuaueng1.dll" - Windows Update AutoUpdate Engine apparently - did you re-install over Windows2k or do a fresh install?
You can get that particular dll here click here
but it's not the most recent version.
And the second one is mxml3.dll which you may find here click here - sounds like you need to get Internet Explorer up to v6 (any ISP CD will do, just delete the Program Files/Internet Explorer/Signup folder when it's done to stop it trying to sign up to that particular ISP) and reload the Windows Update software.

splork 12:11 22 Oct 05

I mean, only the \Signup folder, not the whole lot of course.

MAJ 12:13 22 Oct 05

"any help welcomed"

Could you explain a little better, kdt, please explain properly so that's it's easier to understand what's happening and which files are missing.

splork 12:26 22 Oct 05

Correction : msmxl3.dll

splork 12:34 22 Oct 05

Spelt it wrong /again/. "msxml3.dll" - just for clarity's sake

kdt 13:14 22 Oct 05

splork was right.
my fault should be wuaueng1.dll and msxml3.dll.
mistook l for 1 and 1 forl.
dll not missing any more.
still trouble installing.failed again after soting out the dll.

kdt 13:19 22 Oct 05

since could not restart after itunes/quicktime deletion put the windows disk back again. dont know whether fresh or overinstall. still novice.

splork 13:27 22 Oct 05

Installing Net Framework you mean? Does it give any error messages? Have you done all the other SP2 updates, ie SP4 then the SP5/Security Rollup Windows2000-KB891861-v2-x86-ENU.EXE

splork 13:29 22 Oct 05

Windows 2000 updates I should say.
And you need Internet Explorer v5 at the least
click here

kdt 14:43 22 Oct 05

Thanks splork. Everything ok according to MBSA2 and Belarc.Cant think of anything. Net Framework was on my pc before I reinstalled. Dont know whether to bother anymore but bugs why not insatlling?

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Huawei P10 review

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

An overview: What leading creative agencies are doing to improve diversity

New iPad, iPhone SE & Red iPhone 7 on sale now