missing dll file

johnlecarre 19:20 19 Jun 03

I removed some applications from my laptop recently,not sure now exactly what, but one was Zonealarm. Now when it boots I get a window with message 'missing file PMCMISC.DLL' I click OK and everything works OK. I've searched the web for the dll file but no luck so far - any ideas gratefully received.Thanks

Giggle n' Bits 20:36 19 Jun 03

You may be able to take the file from WinCD if Win95/98/98Se if Me or XP do the system restore, or reinstall Zone allarm.

anchor 20:53 19 Jun 03

I have ME and Zone Alarm, and cannot find the file. I could not find any mention of it on the web either.

Philip2 21:18 19 Jun 03

Try here click here

anchor 16:57 20 Jun 03

Philip2:

I had already looked there, without any success.

johnlecarre: Please double check that this is the correct file name.

Jester2K II 17:27 20 Jun 03

Looks like this is to do with your PCMCIA drivers. Try reinstalling the drivers for the card. See if the problem goes away...

johnlecarre 16:45 26 Jun 03

Thanks for all the responses. I reloaded a program called 'SmartNetMonitor' and that restored the missing dll. The program is used on a LAN for monitoring copier/printers.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…