Missing DLL file?

speedbird_zero1 19:43 18 Dec 04

I am trying to install the software for a Netgear MP101 digital music player. the installation from the cd seemed ok till i tried to run it, it crashed every time so i uninstalled it and re-installed it, same problem each time, that is untill the last time when during un-installing it tells me that a file called FEREGCONFIG.DLL is missing. I try to re-install the software and i get the same message. I cannot now go either way with this installation. There is no help for this on the Netgear website or indeed on Microsoft's. I am running Win 98se with an Athlon 2400mz and loads of HDD space and loads of Ram. Please help someone if you can. thank you

Cuddles 20:22 18 Dec 04

You probably still have traces of the old installation in your registry which is preventing it being reinstalled, try regedit to remove any traces.

bremner 20:31 18 Dec 04

You may need to use something like Regseeker click here to eliminate traces of the original install and then try again.

speedbird_zero1 23:25 18 Dec 04

Ok now marked as sorted. what i did was to install onto another pc on the network drag it to the offending pc, went into find looking for the dll file then copied that file to the folder holding all the other stuff and hey presto!
Thankd for the help

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

The Legend of Zelda Breath of the Wild review: Five hours with Zelda on the Nintendo Switch

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How the painting-like animated sequences in A Monster Calls were created by Glassworks Barcelona

The 22 best Safari extensions | Best Safari plugins: Improve Apple's Safari web browser with these…