Missing DLL?

dazza39 09:24 24 Jun 03

Recently whilst installing a new game,towards the end of the install,i had the following message
"c:window temp GLFF026.TMP one of the library files needed to run this application could not be found?".
And yet i could still play the game,the only thing i noticed that was missing was the game wasn't in the Programs menu,can this file be replaced if so,where do i look?.

Philip2 18:22 24 Jun 03

Try here click here
Type your DLL you want and search.

dazza39 08:59 25 Jun 03

Thanks philip,though i'm not sure what DLL its under the message i get looks like a .TMP file,but where that's located i don't know?.

Jester2K II 09:40 25 Jun 03

From the error message it looks like the Game creates a temporary file during installation. Apparently it either didn't or it was deleted before the installer had finished with it. Its not a missing DLL at all.

However more information - game name, legal or copy, OS, PC Spec might help...

dazza39 11:58 25 Jun 03

Jester

Game is Gothic2 its not the only game with this message Tribes2 had the same problem,both are legal copies,have run SFC no problems found,everything else works fine
WIN98SE is the O/S

Tog 12:18 25 Jun 03

I had a similar problem but with an installation (can't remember what I was installing) and it turned out to be the MS installer. Recommendation was to copy a different version off the website and use that. Have you tried the game site for help or MS support?

dazza39 13:19 26 Jun 03

Tried the game site,nothing there,this is not the only game it happens on so it must something in windows which doesn't show up unless your installing software??.,maybe someone from the Modarators here might be able to help.

dazza39 08:31 22 Jul 03

This is a repost i'm still trying to find a cure for this,despite trying various methods,any ideas anyone?..

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…