missing dll

zebbydog 18:10 12 Mar 03

message , D:\ProgramFiles\CommonFiles\Installshied\Professional\RunTime\0700\Intel32\DotNetInstaller.exe
, cannot access a necessary file ,"mscoree.dll"

I get this message every time i run Norton win doctor and it cannot be repaired, any ideas please. Zebby

bvw in bristol 18:19 12 Mar 03

This is a file-infecting virus that requires the .NET framework to run. Without .NET, a missing MSCOREE.DLL message will be displayed and the virus will not run. The virus propagates by infecting other executables in the current directory.

click here

Run a virus check, just in case.

zebbydog 19:09 12 Mar 03

Thanks for the link have disabled system restore rebooted and run avg it finds no virus,but Norton still comes up with the same message.

I run XP pro

Stuartli 19:18 12 Mar 03

Go to the Symantec website and look for the particular error message - it will explain what to do to get rid of it.

bvw in bristol 19:27 12 Mar 03

Then just ignore the message Norton Win Doctor is reporting as it's not important, only irritating.

zebbydog 14:59 13 Mar 03

Thanks every one who replied , i have clicked resolved as it seems i have just got to ignore it

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to watch Windows Event live stream, live blog | Microsoft event live stream: Watch Microsoft…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This amazing app turns your iPad Pro into a Cintiq

iPhone 7 Plus review: A superb big-screen phablet, but the price tag's enormous | iPhone 7 Plus…