missing dll

menorcarob2 14:10 22 Nov 04

my daughters computer boots up ok but shows an error message cd_shell.dll not loaded this affects the cd rom in so much as it will not autorun for her games, the os is xp pro and i have run sfc /scannow and it goes through the system but does not repair the problem, i have deleted and reinstalled the cdrom, where can i find this dll and install it.

mattyc_92 14:13 22 Nov 04

have you or some-one else installed something recently before this error surfaced????

BigMoFoT 14:14 22 Nov 04

This could be a file associated with a rogue program, virus or spyware..

I'd check your startup items uaing msconfig as I do not think that this a legit file

menorcarob2 14:23 22 Nov 04

my daughter has loaded lots of different games so i could not be sure one of these did not cause the problem,

where would i be looking in msconfig and what would i look for.

rawprawn 14:45 22 Nov 04

If it says it's not loaded I can't see it being adware. I suggest you go here and see if you can download it or ask for advice click here. If you were looking in msconfig go to Start/Run/Type msconfig OK and look in the starup tab, but I'm not sur that is the answer

menorcarob2 14:08 03 Dec 04

found cd_shell.dll in msconfig and told it not to load thanks for your help

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch (Nintendo NX) release date, price, specs and preview trailer: Codename NX console…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

8 things designers (and brands) need to know about the modern woman

How to speed up a slow Mac: 19 great tips to make an iMac, MacBook or Mac mini run faster | Speed…