missing dll

carvers 12:55 25 Nov 03

i run windows xp home with sp1 i regularly run norton utilities from the disc today disc doctor has reported that the following dll is missing "mscoree.dll." and it cannot repair this.
i have checked on the web and found many reports on this and all can fix it at a cost pcdoctor will repair for a fee of around 30 dollars the only free one i have found needs me to install winzip at a cost of around 30 dollars so not free. can anyone recommend a fix for this i am willing to pay so if anyone can recommend pc doctor or any other means than that would be good. i am not an advanced user although i am getting better so please if anyone takes the time to reply do so in plain old non technical speak.
many thanks in advance

recap 13:00 25 Nov 03

click here your dll may be here?

christmascracker 13:02 25 Nov 03
  Taff36 13:04 25 Nov 03

It`s definately here click here

Taff36 13:10 25 Nov 03

You will find Winzip - trial version available on most cover disks. Or click here

carvers 13:34 25 Nov 03

thanks for taking time to reply especially taff36 i now have this missing dll sitting in my documents and i know where it comes from (program files/common files/installshield/professional/run time/071/intel32/dotnetinstaller exe but how do i get it back in to the relevent location? hope i am not pushing my luck and asking too much.

alcudia 13:49 25 Nov 03

Select the file by clicking it once, right click and choose copy. Navigate to the folder it should be in, right click in a blank area and choose paste.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Amazon Go and will it come to the UK? The store without checkouts or queues

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Why ecommerce hasn't taken off on social media

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…