Missing DLL

honda5 20:36 06 Oct 03

Ons start up my PC suddenly showed a message
"the PSAPI.DLL is missing export NTDLL.DLL:wcslen.
Coincidenatlly , on shutdown i get the block message "winserevn (not responding)" and the choice wait for 30secs or end task.So I end task and shutdown occurs.
All programmes seem to be working OK but frezing seems to happen more than normal.
I've re-installed WindowsMe but no improvement .
A niggly problem , any ideas please
Les

smegs 21:20 06 Oct 03

click here Looking at this page, ME doesn't need it. But please have a look.

smegs 21:25 06 Oct 03
  JIM 21:38 06 Oct 03

I take it you have run a virus scan?

Are you running any norton products?

Also, winserevn--wcslen is this the right spelling?

Go to find files and type in PSAPI.DLL and see if it appears on your system,also make a note of where or what folder it is in if found.

At the same time do a search for the following.

LOADER.EXE-------IEDLL.EXE

If they are,use MSCONFIG to prevent them appearing at start-up by unticking them.

post back even if i am way off.

honda5 00:21 08 Oct 03

Jim
Found the DLL's and deleted from msconfig start up file and messges have gone -wonderful-thanks
yes i'mrunnning an antivirus ,Norton 2002 .
I'm also running Norton utilitiesand Norton Uninstall.
Do I need to do anthing elsenow ?
Thanks again

JIM 04:42 08 Oct 03

your error message may be caused by poss Trojan Horse programmes on your computer if you found LOADER.EXE or IEDLL.EXE

You should also try emptying your cookies & temp internet files and run an updated virus scan too.
I know your using nortons but a second opinion will not hurt. ALSO, TRY THIS FREE CALL

Download PC Doctor OnCall

click here

Followed up with

HouseCall Free Online Virus Scanner

click here

JIM 04:50 08 Oct 03

Would just use Download of PC Doctor OnCall for info with regards your problem,as the may try to entice you to pay for the cure if they list to many problems :) Uninstall after.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Amazon Go and will it come to the UK? The store without checkouts or queues

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Hands-on with the Star Wars fighting drones you can fly yourself

iPhone 9 and beyond: 32 amazing future smartphone developments - graphene, supercapacitor…