Missing D Drive

andros 19:49 08 Aug 03

After upgrading a friends computer to xp,D-Drive seems to be missing.It is shown as working ok and with no conflicts in device manager but only C-Drive is shown in my computer I've tried everything I can think of.Can anyone help!

spikeychris 19:59 08 Aug 03

click here

Chris

TBH1 22:19 08 Aug 03

Is your D drive an optical device or a 2nd Hard disc ? And does BIOS see it on boot up ?

andros 14:13 09 Aug 03

Its a 2nd hard disc,I've disconnected it completely,rebooted reconnected rebooted,xp recognised it etc,bit still no icon,I can't seem to get into the bios its a hewlet packard computer

powerless 14:17 09 Aug 03

Is it formatted?

Start > Run > Type:

diskmgmt.msc

Click ok.

Your disk should be seen there?

You can also format it and initialise it from here.

TBH1 15:14 09 Aug 03

what if you fdisk it ??? Does it show any partitions on it ?? had similar problems myself - - will try and find the links for you - - -but sorted more by luck than judgement. If you have no data on it I don't see any problem with fdisking and starting again - - - if you have data there that you wish to retrieve, now that is a different story.

andros 16:30 10 Aug 03

I fdisk and formatted prior to loading xp.Do you think I should do the same again

TBH1 11:42 11 Aug 03

are you saying that your system is up and running, and you are expecting to see, via MY COMPUTER, another disc drive - D ??
Does BIOS see it when booting ??

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This abstract video touches on division in our technologic world

Best alternatives to iTunes for Mac | Best music players for macOS: Free your music from the…