Missing codec?

ikle_pixie 13:38 12 Sep 05

Hi

I downloaded a cartoon off the internet. It plays fine in Windows media player on the pc, but when i put it onto my laptop over the network and play it in Windows media player, it plays a few seconds and the video freezes but the sound continues. Could this mean that the pc Windows media player hasnt something the laptop one doesnt. Is there anyway of finding out...?

De Marcus™ 13:44 12 Sep 05

If it plays a few seconds then you most probably have the codec installed, the most likely issue is a bottleneck somewhere in your network that is causing the streaming video to freeze. Have you tried copying the video over to the laptop as a file and playing it locally?

ikle_pixie 13:46 12 Sep 05

Im sorry. didnt make my self too clear. They have been copied over the laptop and playing from there...sorry about that

rawprawn 13:52 12 Sep 05

I had the same problem with capturing video, it turned out to be a faulty PCI Card. I'm not sure how you could check that on a laptop.

De Marcus™ 15:21 12 Sep 05

what video format is the cartoon? avi, mpeg, etc?

ikle_pixie 15:32 12 Sep 05

AVI..

De Marcus™ 15:35 12 Sep 05

try AviCodec from click here

ikle_pixie 20:34 13 Sep 05

fantastic....thank you!

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…