Missing CODEC

Tigger2 17:47 11 Nov 03

Hi can anyone help.

I’ve just bought a small digital camera which takes short Video Clips (Fuji F401 if anyone is interested). Problem is I can’t play the video clips it takes in Windows Media Player. If I try WM says it is downloading a CODEC & then reports an error & starts to play the clip. The sound comes across fine but the image is none existant, or rather it plays as “Random Spikes” or what ever the “Vizulisation” is set to.

I have downloaded the latest player (Ver 9) & interestingly the clips play ok on my work laptop which has the same Windows Media Player.

The video clips are AVI files & play OK in Quicktime. Also if I use the video editing software that came with the camera I can save the clip as an AVI file & the software then seems to convert it (ie it takes a while to save) & the resulting file then plays OK in WM player. This is a bit of a pain!!! Why can’t I just play the original file!!!!

I believe I am missing a CODEC but where I might find it I’m hoping someone will tell me!!!!

Cheers

Tigger2

Mr Scone 17:54 11 Nov 03

Download this program click here and see what codec it uses. You can then download the appropriate codec from the net.

MS

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Hands-on with the Star Wars fighting drones you can fly yourself

15 macOS Sierra tips | How to use macOS Sierra: Secret tricks and best new features in Apple's new…