Missing Administrator Logo

Guhor 16:41 03 Dec 04

I am using Windows XP - Home. I went into the control panel, clicked on "user Accounts", and stupidedly changed the Administrator Account Logo to Limited Account Logo. When I realized what I had done, I went back into the User Accounts and all that is there is the Limited Account Logo but NO Administrator Account Logo. Nor is there a guest account. Have tried various ways, but am still unable to find the Administrator Account Logo. Currently, I am unable to implement a number of application changes, as the programmes keep stating that as a Limited Account user, all changes are restricted to Administrator only.

Can anyone please advise.
Many thanks in advance
B. Mudge

VoG II 17:04 03 Dec 04

Try starting in Safe Mode click here

You should then see the Administrator account on the Welcome screen and be able to log into that account.

Guhor 17:13 03 Dec 04

Many thanks for the advice of logging into "Safe Mode". I forgot to mention that I did try this and only the "Limited Logo" appears. There is still no Administrator Logo nor Guset logo.

Any other suggestions please

Guhor 17:14 03 Dec 04

Many thanks for the advice of logging into "Safe Mode". I forgot to mention that I did try this and only the "Limited Logo" appears. There is still no Administrator Logo nor Guset logo.

Any other suggestions please

Rayuk 18:29 03 Dec 04

Have you tried system restore

Guhor 12:57 04 Dec 04

Ref. Trying "System Restor". Unfortunately I have tried this but I keep getting a message to say that only the Administrator is able to get access to do System Restore.As I can't find the Administrator Logo, to action this, I'm stumped.

I am thninking that perhaps the only way I am going to get around this is to re-install Windows XP Home again. This is of course, the last resort, but I can't help thinking that there must be another solution - Any more helpful suggestions??

Rayuk 15:07 04 Dec 04

Do you get a choice of booting into diferent users on boot up,if so have you tried pressing control-alt-delete at this stage see if administrator account pops up

Guhor 13:02 05 Dec 04

Dear Rayuk, Sorry, There is no choice of booting into diferent users on boot up.It goes right into Windows XP. Everything I try brings up the response that I don't have sufficient privilages to action any changes. Can't use system restore, what ever mode I go into. From all intent and purposes, the Administrator Login Logo has completely disappeared. There must be a back door into getting access surely?
Please any more suggestions.........! Help

Rayuk 13:08 05 Dec 04

Only other option I can suggest is
click here
you may be able to do a System Restore this way.
Looks a little complicated but if I can do it there is a chance for everyone.

Rayuk 13:17 05 Dec 04

You cannot create a new user account either?

Actor One 20:57 18 Feb 05

I`ve done exactly the same thing, by hiding my administrator account - an old article in PC Advisor caused by typing control userpasswords2 in the Run field - then clicking the box in the Users must enter a user name & password and change the name. I did all this and now my administration account has disappeared, I seem to have turned into a Guest account, I can`t use system restore as you need administration rights, I can`t use my old boot-up disk as I`ll loose all my files, since SP1 & SP2, and my full backup on my external hard drive needs - yes you guessed - Administration rights.

What we both need is a way to restore admininstration rights to our existing account, or Unhide the one that is already there....I knew I shouldn`t look at old articles....!.

Any help would be appreciated...for both of us

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This abstract video touches on division in our technologic world

Best alternatives to iTunes for Mac | Best music players for macOS: Free your music from the…