Missing Add/Remove Programs Listed

Polopaul69™ 02:48 06 May 06

Got a litle problem with missing programs under control panel/add/remove programs. there is also the issue that of those items listed, there is no remove feature to it either.

I've checked my HijackThis log - thats fine, I've had a look at sfc /scannow and regedit to check the uninstal registry (no positive or negative values).

Without doing a complete format (out of the question at the moment) and system restore not active (due to previous problems last week) i have NO idea.

Can anyone help ?? Its got me stumped this one !!

Polopaul69™ 02:49 06 May 06

Thought i should add - the only programs recently installed was my Motorola Phone Tools & related programs supplied - Avanquest

Polopaul69™ 02:50 06 May 06

Running XP

AndySD 03:49 06 May 06

Have a look in the programs folder to see if there is an uninstal there, My Computer then C Drive then Program Files and look for the program name or Motorola.

gudgulf 09:41 06 May 06

click here

Chances are it's caused by the mobile phone software.
Try removing it by running the installer once more.....it might give you the option to uninstall as well.

If not you will need to manually check and/or remove the programs registry entry.Instructions in the link I've given you.

Polopaul69™ 19:44 07 May 06

I've uninstalled the mobile phone software but nothings changed to the add/remove list. Of those that are shown, only about a third of them have the add/remove function avilable.

Anything else to restore this (note system restore was closed before this happened due to a previous problem so i can't go back, nor do i wish to reformat & start again)

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Hands-on with the Star Wars fighting drones you can fly yourself

15 macOS Sierra tips | How to use macOS Sierra: Secret tricks and best new features in Apple's new…