Mis-use of Charity's name

Clapton is God 10:00 12 Nov 07

I work for a reputable disability charity based in the UK.

The charity's name is currently being mis-used in connection with e-mails doing the rounds of the "Nigerian; you have won some money" variety.

The e-mails are clearly scams and are causing the charity a great deal of embarrassment.

Do any members know of any organisation we can report these scams to in order to trace the perpetrators?

The local police are not interested and we cannot involve Trading Standards because there is no obvious UK involvement or address in the e-mail messages.

recap 10:13 12 Nov 07

Hi Clapton is God,

I too work for a small charity, my only thought is to get in touch with the Charity Commission click here Telephone 0845 3000 218

birdface 11:04 12 Nov 07

This might be worth trying.click here

johnnyrocker 11:27 12 Nov 07

you may find the answer here
click here= as i seem to remember these mails being handled by america under 491 ( i think )

johnny

johnnyrocker 11:37 12 Nov 07

i knew i had it wrong;)

click here= has the answer you need.

johnny.

Clapton is God 11:45 12 Nov 07

Thanks for all your suggestions.

I've now contacted the Charity Commission and they are aware of these particular scams.

They have a team who will investigate the scam which is mis-using our (good) name on our behalf.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…