Mircosoft Office 2010

Ritchbee 16:56 11 Nov 10

Hi,

I've purchased and downloaded Mircosoft 2010 professional via a website called click here for my son however I am having problems. The set up error message I am getting is as follows.

"Mircosoft Office 2010 does not support from upgrading from a pre-release version of Mircosoft Office 2010. You must first un-install any pre-release version of Mircosoft Office 2010 products and associated technologies". Correct the issue and re-run".

This I have done and deleted the beta version that I had previously installed but still no joy.

Does anyone know how or what you can do to get round this problem.

Many thanks
Brian

GaT7 17:29 11 Nov 10

Did you 'uninstall' or 'delete' the beta version? There is a difference.

If deleted, then uninstall & try again click here.

If it still doesn't work, RE-install the beta version & uninstall (NOT delete). Then try installing the paid-for version. G

Ritchbee 18:28 11 Nov 10

Many thanks I will try that and let you know!
Cheers

skeletal 19:48 11 Nov 10

I had this problem and it took a bit of effort to sort out. Much to my annoyance I can’t remember all the things I had to do. I think it was made worse because I also had Visio beta installed.

I think (again) that you have to remove (i.e. uninstall) ALL of the beta stuff and it’s easy to forget Visio.

I may have has to trawl through the registry and delete a few strays as well.

However, start with the simple first and try Crossbow7s ideas.

Skeletal

Ritchbee 20:34 11 Nov 10

Thanks Crossbow7

All now sorted after following your instructions!!

I also download a 'fix it' tool from MS which un-installed the re-installed Beta product and that fixed it for me.

All up and running!!

Many thanks (both) again for you help.

PC Advisor forums come to the rescue again

Cheers
Brian

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro (2017) vs Surface Pro 4

Where HTML5 is headed next

MacBook Pro v Surface Pro 5