minor problem

no1ghoul 16:49 15 Aug 03

Just recently i have been having trouble opening some pages on sites i am visiting, they allways seem to be java applets.
I have not changed any settings that I am aware of, and was wondering how to make it so that I can access java applets on sites that I visit regularly, also how can this start happening out of the blue and how can I prevent it doing so again.
Any help will be much appreciated as allthough it is just a minor thing its driving me right up the wall.

wiznyme 17:04 15 Aug 03

You have to choose to enable the Java VM in IE.

If you go to tools/ Internet Options/ Advanced then scroll down to Microsoft VM and tick the boxes for the Java consol & Java compiler this will enable it.

no1ghoul 17:24 15 Aug 03

have followed your advice and it hasnt helped unfortunately :(
Really don't understand why I am not able to open java applets and have run a full virus scan with norton, oh I should have mentioned that I also have norton personal firewall installed and have had for about two months now, I have'nt made any changes to it but could it be the culprit?

wiznyme 19:47 16 Aug 03

You could try downloading the Sun version of Java it sometimes works better.

click here

no1ghoul 21:06 18 Aug 03

nice one m8 i'm all sorted now no problem.
thanks v much

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

LG G6 review: Hands-on with LG’s bold, big-screen shot at perfection

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How the painting-like animated sequences in A Monster Calls were created by Glassworks Barcelona

The 22 best Safari extensions | Best Safari plugins: Improve Apple's Safari web browser with these…