Minolta Magicolor 2 Desk Laser

Les 17:28 03 Feb 05

My neighbour has recently bought a Minolta Magicolor 2 Laser printer, unfortunately he didn't get any software with it! The printer will do a self test perfectly but, no matter what you do (or so it seems) it refuses to work with his computer. His computer is a 800mhz Athlon running Windows XP Professional software - the printer as set up using the hardware wizard and drivers for his computer found and installed (or so it informs me via the various boxes).

Could you advise on what he does next?

Zaphod 3 17:53 03 Feb 05

Download the drivers from click here

Les 23:36 03 Feb 05

Thanks for the link - the drivers I downloaded from this site must have been the wrong ones - I see, in the .pdf file that it is mostly concerned with networked computers and administrators. He has just the laptop to connect the printer too. Would I be correct in thinking that the first part can be skipped and start at the point where you actually install the drivers using the wizard - or is it not that simple?

Les 23:43 03 Feb 05

Sorry, the above is a little misleading. I had downloaded drivers prior to posting the initial message - they didn't work. I've now downloaded the other drivers (for Windows XP amongst others)- It references a Novell Server - I haven't a clue as to what that is! In the PDF it doesn't mention XP but does NT 4. I take it that is similard to XP - or is it?

If you can help with this it would be much appreciated, but, if noone can then I shall give him what I've got and let him do it as I have no desire of being accused of messing up his laptop 8-))

Thanks again

Les 16:26 23 Feb 05

I did eventually succeed in finding the correct drivers etc for this printer. Minolta's UK site had them listed quite plainly under Windows 2000/XP - why I didn't see them earlier I'll never know! The neighbour's face was a picture when he heard the printer whirr into action - and I was glad to justified his belief that I would solve - I wish I had that faith :-))

vinnyT 14:31 24 Feb 05

Glad you got it sorted, if you don't mind me asking, were the results worth it?

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…