minimised windows not on taskbar

LABRAX1 18:43 17 Feb 04

When I minimise open windows they no longer sit on the taskbar the only way i can reopen them is through the task manager. (windows xp)
Any suggestions as to what I've done wrong or how to fix the problem?

LABRAX1 21:59 17 Feb 04

Why do my windows vanish when I minimise them?

Stuartli 09:32 18 Feb 04

You've probably inadvertently dragged them below the Task Bar or have a window open to the bottom of the screen.

Click on the top edge of where the Task Bar is or should be (might be easier to minimise a window) and you should get an up/down arrow; drag the Task Bar back to where it should be.

LABRAX1 17:04 18 Feb 04

I've tried this but there is nothing there. The only way I can retrieve minimised windows is by using the task manager and clicking on the application in the relevant area.

Stuartli 17:27 18 Feb 04

In XP's Help and Support, which should have been your first port of call, key in:

Minimize or maximize a window.

You will then get this info plus:

Start a program as a taskbar button or as a maximized window

LABRAX1 17:52 18 Feb 04

i MAY BE MISSING THE OBVIOUS BUT WHEN I CLICK THE MINIMISE BUTTON ON THE OPEN WINDOW IT NO LONGER PLACES A BUTTON ON THE TASK BAR THIS HAS ONLY STARTED OVER THE PAST FEW DAYS.

LABRAX1 16:41 20 Apr 04

Thought I would try again with this one as my minimised windows are still vanishing!

scotty 16:49 20 Apr 04

Are other items visible on the task bar? (e.g. Start, Quick launch etc)

Can you switch between applications using Alt + Tab?

If you place the mouse at the very bottom of the screen, does it change to a double headed arrow? If so, left click the mouse and drag this line up.

LABRAX1 16:55 20 Apr 04

Yes other items are visible and yes alt+tab works too.
Dragging does not.
Can cope using alt+tab but would like things back to normal.

scotty 17:12 20 Apr 04

Place the mouse at the top of the task bar such that the double headed arrow appears and then drag the task bar to expand it to cover several lines. Does this now show the minimised windows?

LABRAX1 17:50 20 Apr 04

Yippee!
It was worth posting again.
Thanks crx1600.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Best Christmas Agency Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…