MiniDisks

Southernboy 18:08 24 Feb 05

Not really a computer problem but I wonder if anyone can help.

For some time I have used TDK blank Minidisks for recording my collection of cassettes. I especially liked these because they used cases that opened with removable index cards, rather like casettes. This gave a fair amount of space to write information on the contents.

I was bitterly disappointed with the latest package I purchased as TDK appeared to have changed to Sony-type cases which cannot be opened. Further, all they supply is a tiny sticker to fix to the back of the case which has only a pathetic amount of space to record details of song titles etc.

Does anyone know of a Minidisk that still offers openable cases and separate index cards?

Curio 19:11 24 Feb 05

Philips or Freecom spring to mind (from DABS and PC World)

GRFT 09:14 25 Feb 05

JVC used to do a case of that type, and perhaps still do; not unlike a CD jewel case, with plenty of space on both sides of the inlay card for track details, etc.
I use Sony myself, preferring the slip-in case, as well as the sound quality; with all track details recorded in a separate note book and even in an Access database.

vinnyT 13:39 25 Feb 05

Traxdata

Southernboy 21:52 26 Feb 05

Despite many searches, no trace of MiniDisks among their consumer products.

Southernboy 21:57 26 Feb 05

but considering I am transferring tapes made of old 78s, I don't have to have the acme of perfection. The main thing is sound mechanical quality and longevity as this music is timeless and precious to me.

I have been listing tracks on an Approach Database (don't use Microsoft) but it is inconvenient have information separate from the discs.

Southernboy 21:58 26 Feb 05

I think stuck-on labels look tatty. Insert index cards look neater and more professional.

Southernboy 21:59 26 Feb 05

Traxdata? Ali the local stores seem to stock is Sony.

GRFT 08:20 27 Feb 05

Try this mindisc forum click here

vinnyT 10:11 01 Mar 05

Southernboy, try here click here

Not used them myself, had to google to find them as my normal supplier seems to have stopped stocking them.

Southernboy 13:49 01 Mar 05

Unfortunately, these TDK MiniDisks now appear to be identical to Sony. In fact, even worse, as the stick on label is half the size of the Sony product.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Sony Xperia XZ Premium review: Hands-on with the new 4K HDR phone with Motion Eye camera and Snapdr5…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Best laptop for design and art 2017: we test Apple, Dell, HP, Lenovo and Microsoft's best models…

CarPlay tips & troubleshooting guide: CarPlay tips & troubleshooting guide: Get the most from…