Mini-PCI Wi-Fi Card with WPA2?

Anti_Virus 13:57 07 Sep 08

Hi. I wasn't sure whether to put this in Consumerwatch or here, but settled on here. Sorry if it's the wrong place.

Basically, does anyone know of a good, reliable Mini PCI Wireless Card that has the ability to use WPA2, for use in a laptop. So far I've only found Mini PCI Express cards that are able to do this, not Mini PCI. The closest I've found is this: click here but as you can see it isn't WPA2 compliant, ony WPA.

If anyone can help, that would be appreciated. Thanks.

Ashrich 23:15 07 Sep 08

Atheros wireless cards support WPA2 , but not often with the retailers drivers , but using XPsp2 or above or Vista ( which has support ) and the Atheros generic driver from click here ( Vista ) or click here ( XP ) Look at the top of the page to see that it applies to just about all of their chipsets . Personally I love these cards , I find them reliable and capable of holding a signal at great distance and good throughput .

Ashley

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

AMD Ryzen release date, specifications and features: Three CPUs from the Ryzen 7 range now…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Glassworks Barcelona shows how it captured the artistic imagination of Conor in A Monster Calls

Best iPhone games 2017 | Best iPad games 2017: 162 fantastic iOS games that you need to play right…