Mini ipod transmitter

Elvenator 16:31 07 Mar 05

Hi,

I am looking to buy an fm transmitter for my new mini ipod. I have been looking on Ebay and there seem to be a few different makes. Any recommendations? I want to use it through my car/home stereo.
Thanks
Elve

TomJerry 17:09 07 Mar 05

if you want to use in car, you just need a tape adaptor which look like a tape, but with a wire sticking out, you insert tape into car tape player and connect the wire to i-crazy

Elvenator 17:25 07 Mar 05

Actually I probably will use it more through my home stereo, as I don't drive long distances!

Murray 17:30 07 Mar 05

If your stereo has a line in socket on the back (may bwe called AUX IN) - just use a phono-jack adaptor - go to your local richersounds and ask for one.

PeterB 17:53 07 Mar 05

If you go to the Apple web site you will find an iTrip is available, I have one that I bought in the 'States. This unit works on The U.K. FM band (88 to 108 Mhz).
Sorry to be a prophet of doom, but these transmitters are illegal in the U.K. as the can cause interference to domestic broadcasts. The saving grace is that they have very limited range, approx 15 to 20 feet, so unless you live in a block of flats it is unlikely that you will cause any problems. You can always select a frequency that is not occupied by another station.
Otherwise you may "blot out" your neighbours Radio 1 or what ever. If you do buy one, I do not think you will be dissapointed. Hope the above helps.

PeterB 18:06 07 Mar 05

Further to my previous response, the item you are looking for is the Griffin iTrip for the iPod mini, this costs $39.95 in the 'States, you could import one but watch out for the Customs Duty!, postage etc

Elvenator 18:10 07 Mar 05

Thanks PeterB You have been most helpful. Itrip here I come!

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Amazon Fire HD 8 review: A brilliant combination of function and value – with one massive caveat

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How to create an introvert-friendly workplace

iPhone 7 review: Enhanced cameras, a refreshed design and water resistance make the iPhone 7 an…