Mini DV or DVD

TJ Macintosh 18:51 14 Jun 05

hI there everyone, I am in need of a camcorder very very soon, and I am slightly confused at which type to buy. I have only a budget of £500. My concern is whether to go for a Mini DV camcorder for £499 or a DVD Camcorder for £499. I do like the features on the Sony DCR-HC42 Mini DV Camcorder, however the DVD camcorder, is a new thing, does this make it better? Should I go for the newer technology or the older one? Although Mini DV is not really old, it appears to be extremely poular. I have no preferences for a DVD Camcorder, as I have not looked at them properly, all I know is that I can get one for the same price as a Mini DV camcorder.

So basically which type is better the Mini DV (specifically the DCR-HC42 or any DVD camcorder which falls in the same £500 price bracket.

john-232317 21:05 14 Jun 05

Dont know about the dvd camcorder, but got a sony pc106e (sort of older version of the one your looking at) a while ago and well satisfied with it.

Not a lot of help but it will put you back to top of list ;-))

john-232317 21:08 14 Jun 05

Maybe post in consumerwatch forum, you may get more response.

woodt 21:44 14 Jun 05

one thing to consider is the cost of the media.

Two 30 min 8cm DVD-RWs cost about £12
Ten 60 min Mini DV tapes cost about £18

john-232317 13:52 16 Jun 05

So what did you choose ??¿¿??

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…