Mini-DV Camcorder - how to use

JE-KM 00:24 12 Apr 05

Hi,

I am currently on holiday in America, and thought I would but a Mini-DV camcorder while I am here.

But when I get home to England will it work with our PAL system?

I want to be able to make DVDs without any fudd, and my laptop's DVD burner is not multi-region, just British.

I have a firewire connection, but will I be able to stream video to my laptop that it will understand, or does it just go to a Video file anyway?

Thanks,
James.

JE-KM 03:54 12 Apr 05

fudd = fuss

JE-KM 14:39 12 Apr 05

refresh

stlucia 14:51 12 Apr 05

Just to get the ball rolling, I believe that the raw digital output from a video camera is not coded for any particular TV system, and that it only gets coded when you edit it and render it to put it onto a CD.

But please get another opinion before you buy anything.

paddy75 14:53 12 Apr 05

JE-KM,I don't think it will work we use the pal system here and i think America uses NTSC.Have a look at this site.Paddy click here

Daz35 16:38 12 Apr 05

Have a look click here

Second post down.

It only makes a difference if you want to plug the mini DV directly into a TV.

postie 21:00 12 Apr 05

JE-KM
My friend bought a mini camcorder while we were in America and has had no problems in using playback on her computer
postie

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…