mini disc to cd

pat-212841 11:10 02 Jun 05

I have just got a 3.5 jack audio lead but now i dont know where to plug it in Grift answered some one else thread and said put it in "analog out socket" but where is it ? i have found a line in jack but no line in out i want to put the songs i have on MD on to a cd .i have packard bell tower .thanks

Indigo 1 11:21 02 Jun 05

Try the green socket that you plug your speakers into, that is a line-out socket supplying 0.5 - 1.0ma and will power small speakers and headphones when required.

Just remember to turn down the volume on the mixer panel (control panel/sounds and audio/device volume) start off low and slowly increase to find the right, undistorted, level.

pat-212841 11:30 02 Jun 05

hi Indigo 1 i just did that but no sound at all sorry but am i putting the 3.5mm jack cable into the green socket and the other end of 3.5mm jack into the line in on MD ? thats what i done ! i am a woman so if i have done it wrong thats my excuse !

DieSse 11:34 02 Jun 05

Wrong way round I'm afraid - a line-in is required, not always available.

nohope ______________

You need an output on the mini-disc - at a pinch you can use the headphone socket, sometimes they double up as a line-out.

For a line-in on the PB - you'll have to read your manual to see if there is one, or if there's a setting you can change to make one. Sometimes the third (blue?) socket is line-in

You could try the mic-in (red) socket, but be very careful - it's not normally really suitable - make sure all the volumes are turned right down first, and be prepared for it not to work.

DieSse 11:36 02 Jun 05

Just to make it crystal clear - OUT on the mini-disk to an IN on the PB

Yoda Knight 11:36 02 Jun 05

Use the microphone socket on your pc sound card and the normal headphone socket on the md

pat-212841 11:42 02 Jun 05

OH blimey got it its working now ! BUT how do i put the songs on to hard disc ? cause as far as the computer thinks i have plugged nothing in .thanks for your help DieSse,Yoda Knight.

pat-212841 11:51 02 Jun 05

Its ok i just downloading Jet audio 6 see if that does the job .thanks .

Indigo 1 12:24 02 Jun 05

Oops wrong round way lol.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The Pantone Colour of the Year 2017 is Green

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…