min spec for a laptop

feredo 17:01 09 Jan 05

min spec for a laptop. I have a old laptop and dont know if i can use it for broadband.
Internal or external will do
Thanks

Diodorus Siculus 17:12 09 Jan 05

Not sure what you mean.

What operating system is on the laptop - if win98 or newer, it should work fine. Does it have a network port / usb connection? Does it connect to the internet as it is now? If so, it should also be fine for broadband.

bremner 17:15 09 Jan 05

For BT click here

feredo 19:19 09 Jan 05

Sorry i mean i want to have broadband running on this laptop but its Win 98 and about 200mhz or something like that.
I thought your computer might have to have min specs etc

The internal or external bit is refering to the modem etc.
Thanks

feredo 19:21 09 Jan 05

Yes it has dial up on it now 56k

Totally-braindead 19:23 09 Jan 05

This is what Tiscali say you need:
What do I need in order to be able to use Broadband?
PC
Pentium 200Mhz
32MB RAM
Four-speed CD-ROM player
Video card/display 800 x 600, 256 colours
150MB free on your computers hard drive
Windows 98, 98SE, ME, 2000 Professional or XP. Macs are compatible with Broadband but are not supported by Tiscali. For more details click here.
A USB port that can supply 500 ma (a rectangular port/plug approximately 12mm wide x 4mm high that allows you to plug in peripheral devices such as modems, printers, MP3 players, webcams etc.)
NOTE: Tiscali Broadband is subject to availability and line checks as mentioned above.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Amazon Fire HD 8 review: A brilliant combination of function and value – with one massive caveat

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How to create an introvert-friendly workplace

iPhone 7 review: Enhanced cameras, a refreshed design and water resistance make the iPhone 7 an…