"MIME" type and .px files

sdm69 12:27 16 Aug 06

Hi,

Sorry if this a little long, but I am beginner. I am designing my first website using NVU. My webhost is 1and1. I am trying to include a slideshow on my website. The page will
publish ok, however the slideshow will not show. I am using Photodex, Proshow Gold 2.6.

This is a quote from Proshow "help section"

"Make sure your web server can deliver PX files. Some web servers are configured to not deliver unrecognized file types. Your server
administrator may need to add a MIME Type to handle the PX file. This configuration is different for each type of server, so consult your server administrator or web server documentation for more information. Your server must be able to deliver .PX files as 'binary octetstreams.'"

I contacted 1and1 for some advice, but I don't know how to respond. Could anyone help me with a response?

1and1 response:

"Kindly email as [us] the MIME type and and its version. When you can provide it, I will try to escalate the case and ask our administrators to add it in the server. However, I could not give you an assurance that our admins will provide
you with the request.

Our admins may deny it if the MIME type will turn out to be conflicting with the setup on shared hosting servers. Typically, our shared hosting servers will not allow video streaming".

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro (2017) vs Surface Pro 4

20 groundbreaking 3D animation technologies coming to Siggraph 2017

iPad Pro 12.9 vs Surface Pro 5