MIME

PEDIXI 11:51 05 Jul 03

HOW DO I GET MY MIME TO DISPLAY PROPERLY, I HAVE YAHOO AND INCREDIMAIL AND OUTLOOK EXPRESS. WHERE AM I GOING WRONG

jazzypop 12:57 05 Jul 03

Please try not to use all capitals when posting, as it is considered to be SHOUTING.

MIME is an agreed standard for displaying formatted email messages, such as fancy or coloured fonts, as well as embedding pictures and backgrounds into emails. See click here for all you might want to know about MIME.

I presume that you are having difficulty with displaying MIME-encoded emails correctly? If you can give a clear and detailed description of the problem, I am sure we can help.

GarthB 22:14 12 Jul 05

Microsoft's website has details in its library about MIME.

Check the following in outlook express by clicking tools - options. this displays a number of tabbed items. Click on the read tab and check that the 'read all messages in plain text' is not ticked.

Click on the send tab and check that the mail sending format has HTML selected and that the HTML button has the sending format as 'printed quotable' chosen.

I do not know how you are using your send/receive, but if you are not using outlook express entirely then the other programme should have similar options.

As I understand it MIME is closely tied up with HTML.

In Outlook express if you rightclick on a message, select properties, select details tab and the click on the message source button, you will see how your message is constructed.

There is a header and usually there will be a number of blocks with the phrase 'content-transfer-encoding:' followed by the encoding method. for a MIME HTML message this is (probably) quoted printable.

Try looking in the Outlook Express help for extra information.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…