Mimail-L - Virus Warning....

Jester2K II 07:36 02 Dec 03

Heads up for a virus with a nasty message... Just in case anyone comes across it...

click here

Quiller. 08:00 02 Dec 03

Thanks for that jester2k.

I was shocked this morning to find after my regular AVG automatic scan that it picked up an attack from a trojan. This was dealt with easily enough. Now whether it picked it up recently or it has been on the system a while I don't know. AVG did an automatic update last night and the scan this morning.

This is the first virus I have ever had, even the blaster worm did not get me, installed the M\S patch. So I am pretty dam angry. At the moment I would like to string them up from their " you know whats".

Good to see that someone is watching our backs.

Regards bsod

alcudia 08:48 02 Dec 03

Thanks Jester. Nice to know someone keeps their eyes open.

Jester2K II 08:58 02 Dec 03

I wouldn't normally post info like this except i feel the reference to CDs in the post might make a higher number of people fall for this one...

alcudia 09:48 02 Dec 03

I agree, this is not funny. Could cause a lot of worry to some folk.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

The Legend of Zelda Breath of the Wild review: Five hours with Zelda on the Nintendo Switch

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How the painting-like animated sequences in A Monster Calls were created by Glassworks Barcelona

The 22 best Safari extensions | Best Safari plugins: Improve Apple's Safari web browser with these…