//some 3rd party need geo

Millennium randomly wants to dial up to internet

Giggle n' Bits 15:18 23 Nov 04

Random problem this one. Every now and again fairly often really, in Windows Millennium it brings up my Connect to the internet dial up box, luckily I don't have my Password typed in but its so anoying when it wants to dial up to the net when I don't.

It is a Clean install of Me, all windows updates are done, Ie6 also apart from the languages. DRivers are fine, NAV is fine.
Tried CCleaner, but still happens.

I know this problem comes up from time to time but is there a cure yet ?

How do you stop the unwanted dial up connection box ?

I found an entry in the Registry which read "This Cartridge nneds to connect to the internet to continue playing" Dont know what this is all about.

SurfMonkey _#:@} 15:35 23 Nov 04

check you internet connection settings you can change it in there not to dial as far as i can remember

Giggle n' Bits 15:37 23 Nov 04

I know that can be ticked to manually connect then you have to open Ie but is there a fix to stop auto dial.

GaT7 15:37 23 Nov 04

In IE try Tools -> Internet Options. Under the Advanced tab -> Browsing, UNtick the 'Automatically check for Internet Explorer updates'. Also, under the Connections tab - select the 'Never dial a connection'. OK, Apply. G

GaT7 15:40 23 Nov 04

"This cartridge needs to connect to the Internet to continue playing. Would you like to continue playing the cartridge?" is to do with Macromedia Shockwave. I also have it (running Win98Se). G

Giggle n' Bits 15:54 23 Nov 04

unless its came on the ME CD, erh I thought thats a auto download when your first go to a website which needs it.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Google Allo? What is Google Duo? Google Allo UK release date rumours and features: Google…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These clever designs help visualise a complex intelligence tool

iOS 10 troubleshooting tips: Simple fixes for the most common iOS 10 problems, from network…