Millenium To XP

carryduff 14:47 24 Aug 06

I have old word processor files which were created on windows millenium. Since upgrading to XP I can't open these, and wondered if there was an easy download which would work. Many Thanks

johndrew 14:55 24 Aug 06

I can`t offer any guarantees, but you could try Open Office click here (it`s free) or StarOffice 7.0 on the PCA (October 2006) DVD.

The only other suggestion I can think of is to convert the documents to RTF format and then import them into Office. I did this with a lot of documents from my old Amiga where I was using Final Writer and Wordworth so I know it can work.

Hope this helps.

FelixTCat 16:54 24 Aug 06

carryduff,

What program did you use to create them?

What is their file extension?

What programs are you using to try to open them? Wordpad will open just about anything and you can at least cut and paste the text, but you will lose the formatting.

Regards,

Felix

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

The Legend of Zelda Breath of the Wild review: Five hours with Zelda on the Nintendo Switch

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How the painting-like animated sequences in A Monster Calls were created by Glassworks Barcelona

The 22 best Safari extensions | Best Safari plugins: Improve Apple's Safari web browser with these…