Millenium change to W98SE

Pillendijk 22:08 26 May 06

I have a computer with Millenium.

I have upgraded a w98SE computer to XP.

I would now like to change the Millenium computer to w98se using the now sperseeded w98se instalation CD disc.

Can I do this easily by just formating the hard disc of the Millenium machine, thus presumably clearing that hard disc of everything and then installing the W98se system from my installation CD? Should I then re-register the change?

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 22:18 26 May 06

Yes to all, although 98 is no longer supported.

woodchip 22:19 26 May 06

Yes If it will not work from the Win98se CD you can download a Win98se boot disc tenth file from top click here put a floppy in the drive. This will not work with XP do it in the ME comp double click the file and it will make the boot disc

Start with the Boot disc and at A: after it's loaded to A:\> type so it looks like this

A:\Format C: then restart the comp with the floppy in and Win98se CD in choose start with CD Rom Support. After loading it Will go to A:\> you now have to type the CD Dive letter, but it will not be the letter that it was when windows was running it changes by one letter. So if the CD drive was D:\ it will now be E:\ untill you load Windows. So at A:\> type as it looks like this

E: press enter then type SEtup and Press enter

Pillendijk 22:23 26 May 06

To both Fruit Bat and Woodchip, Very many thanks for such a rapid response. I will try it all at the weekend.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Amazon Fire HD 8 review: A brilliant combination of function and value – with one massive caveat

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How to create an introvert-friendly workplace

iPhone 7 review: Enhanced cameras, a refreshed design and water resistance make the iPhone 7 an…