migrating information from outlook 2000 to xp

sminky pinky 07:24 26 Jul 03

i've just got a new pc with windows and office xp. i'm transferring my stuff from office 2000, particularly from outlook, but i'm having problems with it. i can export my contacts from outlook 2000, but outlook xp says i'm denied access to import my contacts.the same for my in box which has sub folders, but have had success with notes. any suggestions very welcome.

-pops- 07:34 26 Jul 03

Have a look at Files and Settings Transfer Wizard in your new XP machine. It will help you transfer all your stuff from old (back as far as W95) to your current one.

Forum Editor 07:37 26 Jul 03

you have saved the contacts folder as a personal folders file (.pst) - in which case you need to do the following:

1. On the File menu, click Import and Export.
Click Import from another program or file, and then click Next.

2. Click Personal Folder File (.pst), and then click Next.

3. In the File to import box, specify the path and file name of the .pst file you want to import.

4. Choose one of the following:

a)Replace duplicates with items imported

b)Existing data will be overwritten with the information in the file being imported.

c)Allow duplicates to be created. Existing data will not be overwritten, and duplicates will be added to the current Outlook folder.

d) Do not import duplicate items. Existing data will be kept, and the duplicate information in the file will not be copied to the current Outlook folder.

Then follow the remaining instructions in the Import and Export Wizard

Forum Editor 07:39 26 Jul 03

in item 4 of course b) should be part of a) but you get the idea.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These are the Best Christmas Ads and Studio Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…