Migrating from BT to Pipex

Kudu 09:41 15 Nov 03

I am with BT broadband and wanted to transfer to Pipex.Pipex have asked BT twice in the last two weeks to transfer my ADSL connection to them and BT have refused and will not give a reason.Anyone had this problem of being stuck in the middle between two competing companies.

johnnyrocker 09:54 15 Nov 03

apart from bt being just plain awkward, i tink the request haas to come from new isp you need to ask bt for your cbuk number and give that to pipex and they can then put in for a 'seamless' transfer.!!! but dont hold your breath they may make you go down the 1 month notice bit or completing 12 mnth contract if you are inside it.

steve.

Your contract with BT will be a minimum 12 months. If this is expired, they cannot refuse.

gudda96 10:25 15 Nov 03

Kudu

Yes, I had similar problem between 2 companies.

I am with BT for landline and my ISP is FS and I applied for 1 month free trial with FSBB.

I received and fitted the modem, was given a date(7th Oct) for start date but it never happened.

i was not connected for BB and had endless conversations with both companies to no avail and to this day, dont know why I am not connected.

I have cancelled application, got my first month premium back yesterday, changed from BT to Onetel and I am sitting and listening to members everywhere to see who is best.

Kudu 10:30 15 Nov 03

Been with BT for over 1 1/2 yrs. and they were given all the details they required.During one of the phone enquires to BT a rep. said if i had been refused twice the chances of BT doing this are zero.I will now have to pay Pipex to reconnect me because BT are being petty and turning down a simple request.I won't say what i think of BT now.

Chegs ® 10:34 15 Nov 03

I would have stayed with BT as my experiences with Pipex has left me very sour.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The updated 'Corel Painter inside Photoshop' plugin ParticleShop offers new brushes

New MacBook Pro 2017 release date, UK price and tech specs: Kaby Lake MacBook Pro to launch in…