Migrate Vista to 7 everything

dandew 18:47 06 Apr 10

A friend has Vista, working well. Wants to migrate all to win 7, all settings and processes, configurations, preferences etc. so Win 7 runs without any changes by him. He has lots of software interelated etc so does not want to install software and date and setup all, which will be very difficult as he does not remember how he achieved this in first place. My own expeniences of OS's and reading of threads in PcAdvisor and elsewhere suggests that this is impossible, could anyone give a simple yes/no to this question, possible or not.

Thanks in advance
dan

chub_tor 19:25 06 Apr 10

Your friend can do an in place upgrade from Vista to Windows7 click here this will retain all his programmes and his settings. From my personal experience this takes about 3 hours and worked successfully.

dandew 18:27 07 Apr 10

Chub_tor

Thank you very much for response.
Have briefly looked at site you recommended. A lot in it but i will read it more carefully and advise my friend accordingly. It looks good.

Again
Thank You

Dan

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The Pantone Colour of the Year 2017 is Green

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…