Migrate to new hard drive

ARTDODGER 20:14 12 Nov 04

I have recently built a new hard drive with xp.
My old hard drive still works as a boot drive.
I want to transfer my favourites and e-mails to my new hard drive...what files need transferring

Jeffers22 20:18 12 Nov 04

Depends on the OS you were running and the email client you were using on the old drive. Post these and that will help.

ARTDODGER 20:27 12 Nov 04

My old system was windows 98se using internet explorer and outlook express. I am now using Firefox and Thunderbird (by Mozilla) on windows xp. Many thanks for your prompt reply

Jeffers22 00:01 13 Nov 04

Boot into XP. Open Mozilla browser. I don't use it so do not know exactly where to go, but there will be somewhere under bookmarks or favorites an option to Import. Hit it and it should ask you to specifiy the source - navigate to your favorites folder in Win98 and that should do it.

Similar process for email I would hope. An import facility on either the file or tools menu.

To be sure of the precise methoid I would suggest you go to the support pages at the Mozilla site.

Danoh 03:56 13 Nov 04

Try here for step by step & screen shots of using Windows file & transfer wizard;
click here

Its stage 3 out of a total of 6 relating to changing over from Windows 9x to XP.

Hope it helps.

ARTDODGER 07:10 13 Nov 04

Many thanks to you both. I found Danoh's reply to be the one, because it gives a step by step approach and I could not have both hard drives running at the same time. Once again....Thanks

Danoh 13:03 13 Nov 04

ARTDODGER, its entirely my pleasure. If all is working for you, don't forget to click on the resolved button at the bottom right hand corner of this thread.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The Pantone Colour of the Year 2017 is Green

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…