Midi / USB

carryduff 15:50 10 Apr 06

My windows ME worked well with my midi keyboard USB connection,uploading and downloading midi files from floppy,but since I upgraded to windows XP sp2 the connection won't work.I reinstalled the keyboard driver but to no avail. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

remind 21:17 10 Apr 06

More info needed; what keyboard, what software? Does your PC have a gameport - you may need to go back to the older gameport MIDI lead connector.

carryduff 21:54 10 Apr 06

Hi I have a Technics KN2600 which came with the standard CD drivers files. The computer has a gameport.

remind 23:57 10 Apr 06

It appears to support XP according to this; click here

When it's connected does the keyboard show up if you look in Control Panel/System/Hardware/Device Manager/USB Devices?

Do you get any error messages? Bad checksums when transferring MIDI? Or no communication at all?
Is there a status screen amongst the menus on your keyboard that will show MIDI activity?

carryduff 18:13 11 Apr 06

Hi remind, the keyboard is listed in device manager and I don't get any error messages.Unfortunately there is'nt any thing on the keyboard to indicate midi activity

remind 18:19 11 Apr 06

So you transfer song files via MIDI? Or use a sequencer to control the keyboard? Do you have any more luck if you try immediately you start using your PC, ie just after switching on. Some USB devices can be switched off automatically by XP if they're unused for a while (saves battery drain for laptops). Finally, do you switch your PC off at the wall when you've finished using it?

carryduff 08:53 12 Apr 06

Thanks all for your help,I'm returning to the midi leads and gameport system.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

New Google phones UK release date | Pixel XL price, new features, specifications: Pixel X and…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

iOS 10 troubleshooting tips: Simple fixes for the most common iOS 10 problems, from network…