Midi keyboard Delay

Ben capewell 19:59 06 Mar 08

Hi All
I have got a evoluition 249 keyboard, wich i use via USB and it has got a slight delay from when i press the keys to the sound been produced, its only mili seconds though but if you are trying to play the thing properly you cant because of the delay, any ideas please.

brundle 20:03 06 Mar 08

Check you are using ASIO drivers and check the latency settings.

Ben capewell 21:14 06 Mar 08

think it might be the software that came with it 'sound studio 2' i have just down loaded some free bie soft ware, and the response of the keyboard is spot on but i can only record, and not just practice, so basically i cant just sit and play keyboard,
brundle, all i want to do is just learn to play some nice piano stuff , ie norah jones or similar can you please point me to some right and simple software,
Thanks Brundle

Ben capewell 21:23 06 Mar 08

Just looked at asio setings and i cant select them, they are there but cant activate them

brundle 09:46 07 Mar 08

The only audio software I've ever used is of the digital recording studio type, nothing that helps to learn to play so I can't really suggest anything. If you can't select ASIO drivers (which are the ideal) then adjust the latency to the lowest possible setting before your PC starts to struggle - anything below 10-15ms should sound acceptable. The ASIO drivers will improve that if you can find a way to select them.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This abstract video touches on division in our technologic world

Best alternatives to iTunes for Mac | Best music players for macOS: Free your music from the…