Middle button on Right - Full Screen

smartdave 02:00 20 Feb 03

When I try to open a window full screen it doesn't fill the entire screen. I can manually drag and drop to full size. Is there a way to reset it.

I think some website i visited has resized it. Rebooting would probably sort it, but woud like to know other solution

User-312386 02:02 20 Feb 03

double click the top of the window(where the colour is)

that will re-size to max

do it a few times and windows will remember, eventually

madboy33

DieSse 02:07 20 Feb 03

If you can manually drag and resize it, it isn't in full screen mode. Hit the button you titled the thread with, then it will be (or do as MB33 said, and double click the Title Bar).

At full screen, it should show two tiny rectangles, one overlaid on the other. With one larger rectangle, it's not in full screen mode.

smartdave 02:09 20 Feb 03

no effect madboy

smartdave 02:11 20 Feb 03

with the two tiny squares the window doesn't fill the screen. When I click the middle button and then it shows single square, I can resize to full screen

Blix 02:25 20 Feb 03

If I remember right.....Once you access the net, right click a link and choose "open in new window" drag to fill the screen. Then return to previous window and close. I believe windows will remember this....let me know....Thanx.

DieSse 02:29 20 Feb 03

Ah - I see what you mean. Sorry, but no ideas.

Incidentally , as i've been reminded whilst looking for info on this, the correct terminology is Maximised. Full Screen means something somewhat different.

Try rebooting, as you say, this might cure it.

« Ravin » 02:48 20 Feb 03

close all open windows and open a single window. resize it till it covers the entire screen and close it. hopefully windows should remember the setting and open winows after this in the full screen size.

DieSse 09:39 20 Feb 03

But that's not Maximised (full screen - but see above) mode. Thats's just a resizeable window made to be as big as the screen. The complaint is that maximising doesn't work correctly.

« Ravin » 14:04 20 Feb 03

well if it works at least the windows will open full screen even if its not maximized.

smart dave

have you tried maximizing after you've resized a window? i don't think you can resize if the window is maximized.

another suggestion: pressing the F11 key gives you full screen mode.

« Ravin » 17:16 20 Feb 03

did any of my suggestions work dave ? or if you solved it on your own how?

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

LG G6 review: Hands-on with LG’s bold, big-screen shot at perfection

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How the painting-like animated sequences in A Monster Calls were created by Glassworks Barcelona

The 22 best Safari extensions | Best Safari plugins: Improve Apple's Safari web browser with these…