Microtek 4800 scanner XP driver

saint bernard 17:18 21 May 04

Had a Microtek 4800 scanner on Windows 98 for a couple of years now, and have now got a new computer with XP home as the operating system. The software disc is for 98/ME/2000.XP (Microtek ScanWizard 5 V5.75) But when I try to instal it I get a message "the software has not passed Windows Logo testing to verify its compatibility with Windows XP. Continuing installation may impair or destabilise the correct operation of the system.Microsoft strongly recommends to stop installation and contact the hardware vendor for software that has passed Windows Logo testing."
To save time I went onto the website and had to buy the updated driver, but when I clicked on the Open button I got the response that Windows could not open the file. I then saved the file to my hard disc, but got the same response when I tried to open it.
The website description of the file is: ScanWizard 5 V5.931: SW5/sw5931ml.exe?lang=en but the downloaded file does not have a .exe extension.
Anybody any ideas as I have not been able to get through on the phone all week and they do not answer any e-mails?

Stuartli 17:37 21 May 04

Two sources for a start:

click here

click here

Usually you can use a driver despite the messages without problems - surprised XP hasn't included the driver on its database, unless it's a fairly new model.

Stuartli 17:39 21 May 04

Why on earth have you paid for a driver?

There are literally dozens of websites where drivers can be downloaded free of charge.

It's normally only US websites that make a charge and even that is rightly regarded as diabolical by our cousins across the pond.

david.h 18:21 21 May 04

I use an old microtek scanner "sanmaker v6 usl" I found a site about 18 months ago where I downloaded a xp driver for it but the site no longer exists. As I had so much trouble getting an XP driver, I have kept a back up copy. If there is a way to get your email I could email it to you to try. It uses "scanmaker 5 programme" for scanning

saint bernard 09:45 22 May 04

Thanks chaps, Stuartli your 2nd source was just the job, I didn't expect to pay for an updated driver when I went onto the Microtek site but there you are , you live and learn!!

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These are the Best Christmas Ads and Studio Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…