Microteck Film Scan 35

adin 19:03 20 Oct 03

I would be glad to have a report on the Film Scan 35 from anybody who has used it.
Would you reccomend it for transfering thirty years of slides to CD?

Mike Bett.

Eagie 19:14 20 Oct 03

I haven't got that exact model, I have the PrimeFilm 1800u from Jessops click here& which seems to be the same thing with a different label. It works ok, but if you have loads of slides you'll get sick of only being able to scan one at a time. To be honest I haven't scanned at extremely high resolutions, I bought it so I can put my Nan's slides on CD so she can look at them on screen so I don't need the print quality.

I don't use the supplied software to alter settings much as I import it all in to Corel PhotoPaint so can't comment on that side.

What it does, it does ok - and is better than the flatbed scanner I originally bought for this job (even though it came with a slide adapter).

siouxah1 19:49 20 Oct 03

Have used the Microtek scan 35.

Good results, much improved over my flatbed. Will also scan negatives.

I would agree with Eagie that scanning 30 years of trannies one at a time may be a little trying. (I am in the process of converting 40 odd years of trannies. I have lots of time.)

But do not know of another machine in my price range. Unless you do not have them in frames but in strips.

Regards Brian j

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to watch Windows Event live stream, live blog | Microsoft event live stream: Watch Microsoft…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This amazing app turns your iPad Pro into a Cintiq

iPhone 7 Plus review: A superb big-screen phablet, but the price tag's enormous | iPhone 7 Plus…