microstar ms-6178

tulix 12:20 13 May 05

hi i have recently had to format my pc because of a virus but since re installing windows 98 back on to it i have discovered that i do not have any drivers for this motherboard the ms-6178 please can anybody advise where to get them from i have searched all over the internet but to no avail.

Eric10 12:29 13 May 05

click here for drivers, manual, etc.

Giggle n' Bits 12:32 13 May 05

there isn't much in the way of drivers looking at the following click here

Also for a more detailed look click here

If you have the onboard VGA then this will be the hardest to find as Intel cut of the archive for this board. But driver.com may be a better source.

The main drivers would be Chipset, Audio, VGA if onboard, possibly a AMR Modem ?

Giggle n' Bits 12:36 13 May 05

Do not download and install the BIOS driver, this is not a System Driver in the way you need it can damage your system if extracted in Windows.

woodchip 13:03 13 May 05

Who made the computer as they may have drivers on there site

Total Care Support 17:41 13 May 05

Hi tulix,

You will be best to download the 810 chipset and graphics drivers from Intel. You haven’t specified what OS you have installed so follow this link, select your OS from the list and press "Go".

click here

You then want to download the INF Update Utility [INFINST.EXE] v6.3.0.1007 for your chipset, and the Graphics Driver v6.7, these will probably be numbered 3 and 4 in the download list. Application Accelerator [IAA23_ENU.EXE] is optional but I would leave it out to start with.

You will need to get the sound drivers from MSI with the links already posted, or if you installed XP then it might have already installed sound drivers that are probably newer anyway.

This should be all of the main ones, if you have a dial up modem then the drivers for these can be more difficult to identify, and quite often it is easier to buy a £10 modem with the right drivers already on a CD.

Hope this helps.

Best regards,

Total Care Support 18:09 13 May 05

Sorry just noticed it does say windows 98, my bad (I blame it on being green though, makes it stand out far too much to notice ;))

Advice still stands though.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to watch Surface PC live stream | Surface PC release date, price, spec rumours: All-in-one…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Best Photoshop video tutorials: 8 video tutorial websites for Photoshop

Apple's event invitations decoded: A look back at 16 of Apple's most cryptic invites | Clues in…