Microstar MD2852 Adding more memory

tommy 18:44 01 Sep 03

Does anyone have instructions on how to dismantle this notebook to allow me to install extra memory. I have taken out the obvious screws, and found that the top should slide,due to the plastic hooks on the top, however, I can't move the top, as it appears something else is holding it.

xania 11:08 02 Sep 03

Don't know, but experience has shown that sometimes there are plastic lugs holding that cover in place and you need to CAREFULLY insert a small blade under the cover and lift it over the lugs.

tommy 18:37 02 Sep 03

thanks xania tried it. Someone, somewhere must have access to a service manual or know where to get access to, or get one ?

tommy 20:14 21 Sep 03

Unfortunately this has not been resolved, however, I will close it as such, there seems little point in carrying it on.

wildrover 18:22 16 Feb 04

Did you ever get any further with this? I am having similar problems with a microstar / medion notebook.

wildrover 16:01 09 Aug 04

I've got it sorted now thanks. After much searching I found instruction on the internet for another badged notebook which was actually the same as my Medion / Microstar model click here Cheers.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch (Nintendo NX) release date, price, specs and preview trailer: Switch price…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Best Photoshop video tutorials: 8 video tutorial websites for Photoshop

How to speed up a slow Mac: 19 great tips to make an iMac, MacBook or Mac mini run faster | Speed…