Microsoft's AutoRoute 2004

Allan RISC OS user 14:39 10 Feb 05

re Works Suite 2004, I have had to re-install after having my C drive replaced. All appears ok, I have been asked to enter my Product Code, but I am still asked to insert the CD each time I try to use AutoRoute 2004, which then works ok. When I used this programme before the re install onto the new C Drive this was not necessary and all the data was held on the HardDrive, (total space equals 120GB) only about 20GB has been used, so free space is not a problem, also RAM = 1GB.
The error message reads as follows:- Could not find the Microsoft AutoRoute RUN disc on this machine. Verify that this disc is correctly inserted in your disc drive, then click OK (or click Cancel to exit the application). It is most inconvenient to have to insert the disc to get the programme to run.

Can you please advise me how to overcome this problem?

I sent this request to MicroSoft, who only refered me to the Knowledge Base, which did not have the answer!!!!
Hoping one of you out there will have an Answer!

anchor 15:37 10 Feb 05

I have Autoroute 2004, (and recently installed 2005), as stand-alone programmes.

As I recall, on installation you have the option to do either a full installation on the hard drive, or a minimal one that requires the run disk to be inserted.

I do not know if the same applies when Autoroute is incorporated into the Works suite. I would have thought it did.

rogertjj 16:13 10 Feb 05

As anchor has said, you do have the option to install the contents of the CD to your hard drive.

I am not sure if it the same, but I have Works Suite 2004, and with Microsoft Encarta, there is an option on one of the Menu's (Tools I think) that says 'Copy CD Contents to Hard Drive'

If not, you could un-install, and then re-install, making sure you chose the option to install on your hard drive.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Amazon Fire HD 8 review: A brilliant combination of function and value – with one massive caveat

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How to create an introvert-friendly workplace

Apple Watch 2 review | Apple Watch Series 2 review: New Apple Watch is faster, brighter, water-resit…