Microsoft.NET Framework

Scubaman 15:03 30 Mar 06

Hi guys, When I boot up my PC I keep getting a message about Photogallery and asking me to insert the photogallery CD. I cannot cancel it as it goes into a loop so I have to use taskmanager. Then I get a Microsoft.NET Framework message about an unhandled exception has occurred in a componenty in your application. Click continue and application will ignore this error and attempt to continue. (It goes into a loop again) (delete with taskmanager).
Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
Newly installed XP Home and Office small business edition.
Any ideas?

rawprawn 16:31 30 Mar 06

Have you got Photogallery installed, is it part of one of the CD's you have?

Scubaman 18:08 02 Apr 06

Bump
I don't have photogallery installed, well not that I know of. I have looked on the CD's I have relating to photos, ie. Photoshop and HP printer. I cannot find it in Add/Remove but it does show up on my registry clean software, but I can't get rid of it from there, it says unable to retrieve uninstall information, the programme may have already been removed. I have even reinstalled XP Home. I am unable to go to a restore point as it is a new install.

Scubaman 09:33 04 Apr 06

Bump
When I get the .NET framework window at start up these are the 'details', how do I invoke JIT? Could this be the way to get rid of .NET Framework at startup?

"See the end of this message for details on invoking just-in-time(JIT)debugging instead of this dialog box".

<Configuration>
<system.windows.forms jitDebugging =”true”/></configuration>

When JIT debugging is enabled, any unhandled exception will be sent to the JIT debugger register on the machine rather than being handled by this dialog.

rawprawn 17:31 04 Apr 06

Try uninstalling .net framework through add/remove programs, you can reinstall it later if you want.

Scubaman 22:01 05 Apr 06

Bump
Hi, I tried uninstalling .NET Framework but had all sorts of problems with error messages. I had to use restore. I now get a message telling me that Registered JIT debugger is not available.An attempt to launch a JIT debugger withthe following command resulted in an error code of 0x2(2) Please check computer settings.
cordbg.exe!a0x824.
Click on retry to have the process wait while attaching a debugger manually.
Click on cancel to abort the JIT debug request.
HELP
I notice that I have 2 .NET Frameworks in the control panel, .NET Framework 1.1, and .NET Framework 1.1 Hotfix(KB886903). Where did they come from?

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

The Legend of Zelda Breath of the Wild review: Five hours with Zelda on the Nintendo Switch

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How the painting-like animated sequences in A Monster Calls were created by Glassworks Barcelona

The 22 best Safari extensions | Best Safari plugins: Improve Apple's Safari web browser with these…