Microsoft Works...Spreadsheet

anniesboy68 21:16 11 Jul 03

For some unknown reason I cannot get a print out of grid lines, even though the box is ticked. they will not show up in the print preview. This is on my Xp system AND my 98SE computer. Very strange. I've been an hour mucking about with it/them and I am fed up. Funny it should happen on both. Any ideas please other than a re install. I should mention I saved the file from the 98 computer and loaded into XP to see if it would go on XP. perhaps it's corrupted the XP version???

jazzypop 21:22 11 Jul 03

click here or click here - any help?

anniesboy68 21:31 11 Jul 03

Thanks jazzypop but no help. I have version 7. However other files I have saved with grid lines show up as normal. Most perculier

Megatyte 21:36 11 Jul 03

Are you printing in draft? This happens with Excel in draft mode.

AH

anniesboy68 21:45 11 Jul 03

No, Megabtyte, normal mode!!By the way {this adds more confusion to the topic] The reason I went on to Works was because Excell on the 98se wouldn't print grid lines....so....

Megatyte 22:05 11 Jul 03

With Excel, to get grid lines in draft, set to print normal and then set the printer to draft.

I know this don't help you at the moment, but for future ref.

AH

daba 01:35 12 Jul 03

... to print the gridlines, the cells have to have 'borders'.

are u sure the cells you want to have borders printed actually have borders formatted?

the gridlines you see on excell and works are purely for display purposes.

another thought, border line thicknesses below 1 pt have been known to not print with some printer drivers, i use 1.5 pt

another thought, check the gridline colour setting, it could be a shade of grey that your print driver converts to white??

guess i'm clutching at some straws on this as its been a while since i used works

HTH

Djohn 01:43 12 Jul 03

Is correct, Gridlines are for tables and graphics to snap to! Gives an ordered display. What you require is "Borders" Click on the border Icon, and sellect the square one, IE: a line all round, this will give each cell a border so it prints as you see it on screen. j.

Megatyte 02:04 12 Jul 03

Gridlines print. That's why there's a 'Print Gridlines' option in Page Setup.

AH

anniesboy68 12:17 12 Jul 03

Megatyte...I know that thanks, done it...but never had this problem before...am investigating as Daba and Djohn suggest

anniesboy68 12:46 12 Jul 03

Well, got there by mucking about a lot. Still not right as the printer prints out three pages of lines before I get to the one I want. Never mind will close this post. Have a nice day all and hope our boys win at cricket/lol..anniesboy68

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…