microsoft works/office

Sgt Apone 20:35 21 Sep 07

Ok first sorry if this is posted in wrong forum. Ive a copy of microsoft Office 2000, ive also got a copy of microsoft Works 7.0 now giving to me by family relative. Will im sat here wondering which one to load onto my pc, which is best? is there many differences or is one easier to use than the other?
thanks in advance for any help.

johnnyrocker 20:39 21 Sep 07

in my opinion office 2000 is quite old now and i am not sure ms still support it, unless someone knows different.

johnny.

Belatucadrus 20:43 21 Sep 07

As a general purpose office suite Office beats Works hands down, the word processing and spreadsheet packages are much more powerful and given a choice I'd go for Office every time. That said Works 7 will do most that home users will want. Horses for courses, depends what you want from it.

Sgt Apone 20:47 21 Sep 07

well really just home use, simple spreed sheets and for simple letter writing. maybe some CV stuff too. thats it really. so is that a works 7 then?

Technotiger 20:50 21 Sep 07

I use Office 2000 and regularly update it without problems, so it is still well supported.

Totally-braindead 20:51 21 Sep 07

I'm pretty sure its Office 2000 I still use as well.

Sgt Apone 20:51 21 Sep 07

oh and its office 2000 pro if that makes any odds?

VoG II 21:04 21 Sep 07

I would go with Office. Works uses its own file formats that those without Works can't open. Office files are more widely readable and for those that don't have Office, Word, Excel and Powerpoint readers are freely available from Microsoft.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This abstract video touches on division in our technologic world

Best alternatives to iTunes for Mac | Best music players for macOS: Free your music from the…