Microsoft Works / Worksuite Word Processor Info ?

Tinkey Winkey 21:16 16 Apr 06

I would like to get the Word Processor called Microsoft Word.

My options seem to be MS Works or the Worksuite.

Is the Word Processor in MS Works the same as the one that you get in the the more expensive Worksuite or is it a cut down, or a different version?

I basically need the spelling and grammar checker aswell as the word counter.

Also is the spelling checker compatible with UK English instead of USA?

Taff™ 21:19 16 Apr 06

Why not get OpenOffice click here A full suite that`s compatible with MS Office including Word and it`s free as open source.

Simsy 21:32 16 Apr 06

The word Processor in "Works" is NOT the same as "Word"... is is very much less...

With "WorkSuite" you get "Works" and you also get a bunch of other microsoft products, including "Word". (You also get AutoRoute, Money and I think Encarta encyclopedia)...

So if you get "WorkSuite" you get 2 word processors, "Word" and the one in "Works" However, even in the latest version of "WorkSuite", 2006, you don't get the most recent version of "Word", which is 2003, but instead the previous version, 2002, (also known as Word XP)

(And don't forget there is also "Wordpad" that comes with Windows itself!)

However, having said that, unless you need to run MSWord macros, or have to share word files with others that have very complex graphics, you may be better off saving you money and getting OpenOffice as suggested by Taff™...

It really is very good. And FREE!

Good luck,

Taff™ 21:32 16 Apr 06

Or try here if you want the MS Works with a full version of Word. click here

Tinkey Winkey 21:45 16 Apr 06

Thanks for your very comprehensive answer Simsy.
I'll try Open Office first.

Thanks for that.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch (Nintendo NX) release date, price, specs and preview trailer: Codename NX console…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

8 things designers (and brands) need to know about the modern woman

How to speed up a slow Mac: 19 great tips to make an iMac, MacBook or Mac mini run faster | Speed…