Microsoft Works Database question

FatboySlim71 10:42 01 Feb 08

I have on my present computer Microsoft Works Database, which is part of Microsoft Works Suite 2005. I have used this for quite a while to keep a track of my music collection.

I am going to be getting a new computer in the near future and I would be getting Office 2007. I was wondering if this will have a database program in it or another program that would basically do the same job as the Microsoft Works Database that I am used with, I have heard that Excel could maybe do this. If the answer to this is yes, is there anyway that I would be able to convert the works database file into a format that would be recognisable with the new database program or Excel, the database I have for my music collection is very long and I would hate to have to start writing it out again a fresh.

VoG II 10:58 01 Feb 08

In Works DB File > Save As and save as file type Text & Commas (*.csv).

This will open in Excel although you will lose any formatting.

FatboySlim71 11:00 01 Feb 08

Thanks very much for the help, I really appreciate it.

VoG II 11:08 01 Feb 08

Once you have opened the .csv file in Excel, click the Office button and select Save As and save it in an Excel format.

stylehurst 14:07 01 Feb 08

Your other option is to save as a dbf file format (the original Borland Database file format).
Excel will import this file format, & should retain any formatting you used in the original.

FatboySlim71 21:52 08 Feb 08

Thanks for the help everyone, I truly appreciated it.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Sony Xperia XZ Premium review: Hands-on with the new 4K HDR phone with Motion Eye camera and Snapdr5…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Best laptop for design and art 2017: we test Apple, Dell, HP, Lenovo and Microsoft's best models…

CarPlay tips & troubleshooting guide: CarPlay tips & troubleshooting guide: Get the most from…