Microsoft Works 7.0 wordprocessor - blank document

JohnHS 17:30 28 Apr 04

I recently bought a new computer with Microsoft Works 7.0. I set up a template with my address, telephone number etc but now, whenever I open a blank document my address etc appears. I think I must, in error, have checked the box "use this template for new word processor documents" and I cannot find a way to correct the error. Can anyone help?

wee eddie 17:45 28 Apr 04

File > Save as > write in "Home Address.dot" > Click it > Close.

Reopen - if you check, the name will be "Normal.dot" > Clear your address and you will have a blank page again.

I am told that if you just rename "Normal.dot", M$ will create a new blank one but I have insufficient experience to know if this is 100% correct.

JohnHS 14:55 29 Apr 04

I don't understand the tip from Wee Eddie. I'm not sure what I should do in the first instance. Should I open the word processor? If I do I have a document with my name and address at the top rather than a blank document. As this is all new to me where should I start and what are the individual steps?

Djohn 15:09 29 Apr 04

Try the following. Click on the start button then search Icon, look to the bottom of the dialogue box that opens and click on "All files and folders" Click on the sentence "More advanced options" and place a tick in the Hidden files/folders.

In the search window, type.

Normal.Dot

This will bring up several files, select all of them and delete. Reboot your PC and "Word" from works will build a new template on re-booting. This should solve your problem. j.

wee eddie 15:24 29 Apr 04

I thought that was the thing, but like JohnHS was unsure of myself.

JohnHS 17:46 29 Apr 04

I've not used this sort of help forum before and I'm not sure whether I should reply but thanks to you both for your help in solving the problem.

wee eddie 18:54 29 Apr 04

You did it just right.

Keep an eye on the forum, it's addictive though

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

The Legend of Zelda Breath of the Wild review: Five hours with Zelda on the Nintendo Switch

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How the painting-like animated sequences in A Monster Calls were created by Glassworks Barcelona

The 22 best Safari extensions | Best Safari plugins: Improve Apple's Safari web browser with these…