//some 3rd party need geo

Microsoft Works 2003

Johnsy 20:10 21 Dec 03

Word files produced in Works do not appear in the Task Scheduler (They used to). What could have changed?

hugh-265156 20:41 21 Dec 03

i have works02 but dont use it very often.

why would the word docs appear in task scheduler in the first place?

what is it you have them scheduled to do?

hugh-265156 20:45 21 Dec 03

just had a look in scheduled tasks and works is listed when the wizard pops up if i choose add new task.

if its not here then use the browse button to find it.

Djohn 20:53 21 Dec 03

click here Did you check the file I suggested in this thread?

Johnsy 21:12 21 Dec 03

The Works task launcher lists all files that have previously been created using Works, which includes Spreadsheets, Databases, Pictures and should include Word files but in my case it doesn't. That is my query. Why not? Djohn - I have sorted out the problem with the Msdart.dll file now so I don't believe I need to pursue the thread that you previously suggested.

Djohn 21:26 21 Dec 03

My apologies, I thought the Msdart file may have also been causing the problem of word not appearing in task launcher.

There's no reason that I can think of stopping word from showing in the task launcher, it used to when I was using 2003. Have you tried going to add/remove programs, click on remove "Works Suite". [Don't worry it will not be removed at this stage] see if the option to "Repair" or "Add/Remove" components comes up.

If it does then try a repair of the Task launcher, or even a repair/re-install of "Works Suite". Any files or documents that you have created will not be removed, just the program. A fresh install should replace any file or instruction that appears to be missing from your present set-up.

As with all programs that are removed from a PC, it's wise to make a back-up of any work you have produced and place this in a separate folder for safety. But the re-install should go smoothly and leave your files intact.

Regards. j.

Johnsy 21:45 21 Dec 03

I've tried reinstalling Works but that doesn't work. I'm stumped!!

VoG II 21:53 21 Dec 03

click here possibly???

hugh-265156 22:32 21 Dec 03

ahhh... launcher not task scheduler,i see sorry.

VoG II 22:36 21 Dec 03

It says Task Scheduler at the top of the thread - I was confused at first as well.

Johnsy 19:00 22 Dec 03

Have tried reinstalling Works, Word in Works but still no joy!

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Google Allo? What is Google Duo? Google Allo UK release date rumours and features: Google…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These clever designs help visualise a complex intelligence tool

iOS 10 troubleshooting tips: Simple fixes for the most common iOS 10 problems, from network…